Thursday, 27 October 2016

My Job Hunting Story

I never thought job hunting would be this hard for me nor did I think I'd still be in this position at 25 it doesn't seem fair at all. A lot of people in my year at school have had many jobs,got married,had children etc but I haven't even got ONE job.I really wish I got given a chance and had some luck it really isn't fun being unemployed anymore I don't want my life to be this way anymore. I think having Fragile X (a learning disability) makes things harder for me I know I'm not the most outgoing person but I still believe I deserve a chance in life.I don't like how things are at all and I wish they had turned out different for me it doesn't seem fair at all.Interviews are hard for me it's really hard coming across as this confident,outgoing person and I think it shows in interviews but if I got given a chance then I could prove myself that I can do things my CV is fine so where am I going wrong?.

2009/2010/2011-On wards.
I first went to college in 2007 after I left school to do a employment course LOL look how that turned out.Then after that finished I did a computer course which I liked but then obviously that ended and ever since then I've pretty much been on the dole in between my whole 2 xmas jobs. I then got sent to Mencap who got me my volunteering job back in November 2010 and didn't expect to still be there (6 years next month) that wasn't my plan but things didn't go how I thought they would but being there has helped me in many ways with shyness and confidence but I feel that I should be on to other things now. I got sent on a course that got me my Xmas job at Sainsbury's then that ended and I was back to square one again after that things slowed down a lot and I don't think I made much effort to look for a job. Nothing really happened from then on I was still looking but I don't think as much as I should've been but it was hard and well it still is.

2014/2015/2016.
I started making more of an effort to look for work and got more motivated to do so I tried my best and had a few interviews here and there but nothing came out of them. Then another year came by and I was still unemployed I say it every year it will be my year I get a job it never happens.
In November I got another xmas (oh they joy) at M&S in Chelmsford not my ideal place but it was a job well a temp one. Anyway I did that and then it ended on boxing day I enjoyed it and gained more experience but I want a permanent job now I think it's the least I deserve.Since my xmas job last year I've mostly been applying for jobs and have had interview after interview but haven't got anywhere after that they are pretty hard when you're not the most outgoing person and find things difficult.I can answer most questions but I do get stuck sometimes I think my nervous show and not coming across as the most confident person that's hard too. I had been wondering if I need someone to come with me for moral support not necessarily to answer the questions but just to be there.Interviews are just so hard and I'm not sure if I'll ever get a job because I can't get passed the interview stage.

Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why It's Ok To Have Off Days

We all have those down days where we lose motivation and just don't feel like ourselves whether it's school, college, job or gener...