Saturday, 22 October 2016

Fragile X Awkwardness

Having Fragile X comes with it's difficulties feeling awkward is one of them well for me anyway I thought I would share where I feel out of place and awkward.

 If you relate to any of this post then please leave a comment and I'll reply :).

Posh Restaurants/Out My Comfort Zone.
Going to these sort of places or places you have to wear fancy clothes such as Jamie's Italian I feel so out of place,very awkward and uncomfortable. These places aren't for me and I always dread going because I feel like I'm being judged. When I went for afternoon tea at the Barn Brasserie I didn't really enjoy it because I'm not posh and I felt so awkward and out my comfort zone.

Shopping.
When I go into a clothes shop where there's girl assistants (who wear way too much makeup) I feel like I'm being judged whether I buy something or not and I feel so out of place like I'm not meant to be there.They keep looking at me and I feel uneasy being in there or when I pay for something I feel like that.

Parties My Worst Nightmare/Pubs/Clubs.
I've never been into parties or sitting in the pub for that matter they've never been my thing and I try to avoid them as much as possible. I feel out of place and because I don't drink I always feel like people are judging me. I really don't like being around people who do drink I'm not the most sociable person anyway so parties aren't my thing and I very rarely get invited to any which is fine by me!.

Meeting New People.
I've never been a good at this but I have improved since volunteering and having Xmas jobs but overall I sometimes still find it hard meeting people. I'm quite shy and withdrawn so I tend to not say a lot or I fiddle with my hands or bite my nails (which I haven't in a while since getting them done professionally).

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why It's Ok To Have Off Days

We all have those down days where we lose motivation and just don't feel like ourselves whether it's school, college, job or gener...